Military & Veteran Programs
Goodwill Military & Veteran Services
Providing Military personnel, Veterans and their families with the tools and support needed to achieve successful civilian careers.
Transitioning from military to civilian life can be challenging. Operation GoodJobs assists Military and Veteran families with job training and placement services by providing individualized, holistic plans to help each participant succeed. The plan serves the needs of the whole family with the goal of achieving job placement, retention and long-term financial stability.
We serve transitioning military members, Reservists, National Guard Members, Veterans of all eras and ranks, military and veteran spouses, and dependents under 25 living with a veteran or military sponsor.
- Connections with more than 1,400 local employers & a vast network of community service organizations
- Job leads, networking opportunities– giving you the inside track directly to hiring and HR managers and recruiters
- Support from a staff of Veterans and military spouses
- No cost training opportunities including those leading to certifications
- Internship opportunities at local, state & federal agencies
- Unlimited one-on-one resume and cover letter assistance
- LinkedIn professional profile creation
- Mock interviews
ATTEND AN INFORMATION SESSION:
Learn how our services can help you.
FRIDAYS at 2:00PM
Starbucks Military Community Store Community Room
10314 S. Tacoma Way, Lakewood
Arrive promptly @ 1:50PM
Our networking events are designed to put you in front of employers that are ready to hire for positions in all industries including aerospace, banking and more. At each event you will:
• Gain access to local employers
• Get information on Military and Veteran services
• Enroll in Goodwill’s Veteran Services program
• Be provided opportunities for resume building, job navigation, LinkedIn support & mock interviewing
Next networking event:
The Longview event has been cancelled.
Our next event is scheduled for July, 2018. Please check back for additional information.
Goodwill’s quarterly Networking Events, sponsored in part by The Boeing Company, offered each quarter provide more than 300 transitioning servicemen, family members and area veterans networking opportunities with more than 70 employers and 14 veteran service and training organizations in the region. In addition to providing access to multi-state private sector and government employers, the event features access to Goodwill Veteran Services staff for on-the-spot resume and LinkedIn review, and additional training and job placement services.
BENEFITS OF HIRING OPERATION GOODJOBS PARTICIPANTS
Goodwill works with hundreds of local employers and support organizations to find the right match for the participant and the business partner. There are many advantages to hiring veterans through Goodwill’s Military & Veteran Services Operation GoodJobs program:
- All services are FREE to businesses and job seekers
- Placement & screening services
- Skills analysis & soft skills programs customized to ensure qualified applicants
- Retention Services: assistance and follow-up, if requested, to ensure a successful placement
- Invitation to attend Networking Events held at JBLM with access to over 300 Veterans, transitioning Service Members & Spouses
- Community recognition through WA State YesVets program & Goodwill publications
Getting started as an employer is easy and free!
Contact Goodwill and meet with a professional business development program manager to customize a plan that meets your employment needs.
253.573.6789 or Email Us
Join us on LinkedIn!
Funding provided by: