Military & Veteran Programs
Goodwill Military & Veteran Services
Join us for Boots to Shoes® and Pizza with a Purpose
Friday, November 8
MOD has partnered with Goodwill’s Military & Veteran Services in celebration of Veteran’s Day. When you dine at select Puget Sound locations on Nov 8, 20% of your check will be donated to our Boots to Shoes mentorship program, helping transitioning veterans in our community. Just bring or mention the Event Flyer to a participating MOD location and make your meal count!
Help spread the word about the event – RSVP and share the event through groupraise.com
Participating MOD locations:
- Lacy – Summerwalk
- Lakewood Towne Center
- University Place
- 26th & Pearl
- Lakeland Hills
- Federal Way
Providing Military personnel, Veterans and their families with the tools and support needed to achieve successful civilian careers.
Transitioning from military to civilian life can be challenging. Operation GoodJobs assists Military and Veteran families with job training and placement services by providing individualized, holistic plans to help each participant succeed. The plan serves the needs of the whole family with the goal of achieving job placement, retention and long-term financial stability.
We serve transitioning military members, Reservists, National Guard Members, Veterans of all eras and ranks, military and veteran spouses, and dependents under 25 living with a veteran or military sponsor.
- Connections with more than 1,400 local employers & a vast network of community service organizations
- Job leads, networking opportunities– giving you the inside track directly to hiring and HR managers and recruiters
- Support from a staff of Veterans and military spouses
- No cost training opportunities including those leading to certifications
- Internship opportunities at local, state & federal agencies
- Unlimited one-on-one resume and cover letter assistance
- LinkedIn professional profile creation
- Mock interviews
ATTEND AN INFORMATION SESSION:
Learn how our services can help you.
Our you transitioning out of the military or are you a military spouse?
Our networking events are designed to put you in front of employers that are ready to hire for positions in all industries including aerospace, banking and more. At each event you will:
• Gain access to local employers
• Get information on Military and Veteran services
• Enroll in Goodwill’s Veteran Services program
• Be provided opportunities for resume building, job navigation, LinkedIn support & mock interviewing
Upcoming networking events:
- Wednesday, May 22, 2019
- Wednesday, 10 July, 2019
- Wednesday, 20 November, 2019
All events will be at the American Lake Conference Center, Lewis North, JBLM, from 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM (exhibitor set up will be available at 9 AM).
Are you an employer, Veteran service provider or training and education provider?
Be an exhibitor at our Networking events.
- Gain access to a prepared, trained, professional and ready to work Veteran community
- Develop a partnership with skilled Operation GoodJobs National Career Navigators and resources
- Be a part of the Hiring Veterans Resource Guide
Goodwill’s quarterly Networking Events, sponsored in part by The Boeing Company, offered each quarter provide more than 300 transitioning servicemen, family members and area veterans networking opportunities with more than 70 employers and 14 veteran service and training organizations in the region. In addition to providing access to multi-state private sector and government employers, the event features access to Goodwill Veteran Services staff for on-the-spot resume and LinkedIn review, and additional training and job placement services.
BENEFITS OF HIRING OPERATION GOODJOBS PARTICIPANTS
Goodwill works with hundreds of local employers and support organizations to find the right match for the participant and the business partner. There are many advantages to hiring veterans through Goodwill’s Military & Veteran Services Operation GoodJobs program:
- All services are FREE to businesses and job seekers
- Placement & screening services
- Skills analysis & soft skills programs customized to ensure qualified applicants
- Retention Services: assistance and follow-up, if requested, to ensure a successful placement
- Invitation to attend Networking Events held at JBLM with access to over 300 Veterans, transitioning Service Members & Spouses
- Community recognition through WA State YesVets program & Goodwill publications
Getting started as an employer is easy and free!
Contact Goodwill and meet with a professional business development program manager to customize a plan that meets your employment needs.
253.573.6789 or Email Us
Join us on LinkedIn!
Funding provided by:
BOOTS TO SHOES® MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
Helping 21st century veterans capture 21st century jobs
New to Goodwill’s Veteran’s Services program is Boots to Shoes which pairs veterans with civilian mentors. The goal is to provide then with:
- Insight into the language of civilian professions
- Objective discussions of the veteran’s goals
- Encouragement as the veteran develops a job search plan
- A sounding board and checkpoint for progress
- Appreciation for the veteran’s service
Goodwill is honored to be a 2018 grant recipient of the 2nd annual VetsAid concert benefiting our nation’s veterans!
Joe Walsh’s organization graciously raised money with a concert that took place on Veterans Day in Tacoma, along with helping us host a hiring event. We are so grateful for the turnout, for the support of Joe Walsh and friends as well as the confidence & support from National Association of Veteran-Serving Organizations.