Military & Veteran Programs
Goodwill Military & Veteran Services
Empowering Military & Veterans and their families with the tools they need to succeed in the workplace.
Transitioning from military to civilian life can be challenging. Operation GoodJobs assists Military and Veteran families with job training and placement services by providing individualized, holistic plans to help each participant succeed. The plan serves the needs of the whole family with the goal of achieving job placement, retention and long-term financial stability.
We serve transitioning military members, Reservist, National Guard Members, Veterans of all eras and ranks, military and veteran spouses, and dependents under 25 living with a veteran or military sponsor.
EXAMPLES OF PROGRAM OFFERINGS
- Connections with more than 1,400 local employers & a vast network of community service organizations
- Support from a staff of Veterans and military spouses
- Job leads & networking opportunities
- No cost training opportunities including those leading to certifications
- Internship opportunities at local, state & federal agencies
- Unlimited one-on-one resume and cover letter assistance
- LinkedIn professional online profile creation
- Personalized elevator speech
- Mock interviews
- Financial supportive services directed towards employment
- Hiring events—giving you the inside track directly to hiring managers
BOEING PARTNERHIP WILL ALLOW VETERAN
NETWORKING & HIRING EVENTS TO CONTINUE
Goodwill’s quarterly Networking and Hiring Events will continue through 2017, thanks to a $95,000 award by The Boeing Company to Goodwill’s Veteran Services. Each quarter more than 300 transitioning servicemen, family members and area veterans network with more than 70 employers and 14 veteran service and training organizations in the region. In addition to providing access to multi-state private sector and government employers, the event features access to Goodwill Veteran Services staff for on-the -spot resume review and critique, and additional training and job placement services.
Upcoming events – hosted at the American Lake Conference Center at Joint Base Lewis-McChord:
- April 19, 2017 (11 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- July 19, 2017 (11 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- October 18, 2017 (11 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
For more information: Hiring events
The American Lake Conference Center is at 8085 Nco Beach Rd., Fort Lewis, WA 98433 (take I-5 exit at 41st Division Drive onto North Fort towards American Lake). Military ID or access through the JBLM Visitors Center is required to attend the event.
COME LEARN ABOUT OPERATION GOODJOBS
FRIDAYS | 2:00PM
10314 S. Tacoma Way | Lakewood
Arrive promptly @ 1:50PM
4TH THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH | 2:00PM
Veterans Services Hub 4232 6th Ave SE #202 | Lacey
Arrive promptly @ 1:50PM
BENEFITS OF HIRING OPERATION GOODJOBS PARTICIPANTS
Goodwill works with hundreds of local employers and support organizations to find the right match for the participant and the business partner. There are many advantages to hiring veterans through Goodwill’s Military & Veteran Services and our Operation GoodJobs:
All services are FREE to businesses and job seekers
- Placement & Screening Services
- Skills analysis & soft skills programs customized to ensure Qualified Applicants
- Retention Services: we provide assistance and follow-up, if requested, to ensure a successful placement
- Invitation to attend Networking & Hiring Events held at JBLM with access to over 300 Veterans, transitioning Service Members & Spouses
- Community recognition through WA State YesVets program & Goodwill publications
GETTING STARTED AS AN EMPLOYER IS EASY AND FREE!
Contact Goodwill and meet with a professional business development program manager to customize a plan that meets your employment needs.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON OPERATION GOODJOBS
Join us on LinkedIn!
Funding provided by: