Learn retail skills
Providing real world, hands-on training in a variety of retail settings.
The Retail Skills program provides skill enhancement and/or training at your level of knowledge and abilities. You can begin the program at any time. The program typically lasts from 6-9 weeks. Classroom training is Monday through Friday, 8am to 11am. On the job training is up to 20 hours a week, 12-4pm Saturday through Sunday.
- Best practices in customer service.
- Cash register skills on a point-of-sale system.
- Safety and security procedures.
- Job training in a retail environment.
- Merchandise handling
Goodwill does not charge individuals for the cost of training. Please contact the Program for further information.
The Training and Career Help (TEACH) program is the next step after Retail Skills. The program offers qualified Retail Skills participants the chance to learn work readiness skills and gain work experience that will help them move in to better paying jobs.
In this internship opportunity, individuals work in a Goodwill retail store and receive professional, personalized attention and on-going work training.
The TEACH program will vary the length of the internship by individual need, but will not exceed 18 months.
Eligibility & Admission to the TEACH program:
- Must qualify through Retail Skills training program.
- Possess a basic level of cognitive function to perform available work.
- Adults 18 and older who are ready to work.
- Agreement to adhere to attendance, behavior and other policies.
- Must be able to provide documentation for I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification).
- Able to pass criminal background check for crimes against persons.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and/or random drug screens.
- Must posses basic English skills.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of available jobs.
- Have reliable transportation.