Culinary Skills Training
About the Course
12-Weeks l 7:00 am – 3:30 pm, Monday – Friday
- Gain skills in the restaurant & catering industry under the guidance of professional chefs in Goodwill’s Neighborhood Bistro.
- Rotate through 6 hands-on kitchen stations and receive classroom training.
- Upon graduation, students receive certificate of completion and assistance with job search.
Have questions? Come to a drop-in orientation!
2nd & 4th Thursday at 1pm, Every Month
714 South 27th St, Tacoma
– or –
What Do You Cover?
- Knife Skills
- Kitchen & Food Safety
- Basic Cooking Techniques
- Customer Service
- Cash Register
Am I eligible?
- Age 18 or older
- Be available Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Passionate about food and the restaurant & catering industry
- No experience required!
- Receive a stipend for time spent training in kitchen
- Cash bonus for student participation and attendance
- Free meals, uniforms & shoes
- Internship, placement & support
- Culinary program certificates
Jobs You’ll Be Ready For:
- Catering Support
- Pastry Cook
- Line Cook
- Pastry Chef Assistant
In The News
Culinary students rub elbows with the best Chef’s in the area! Click here to see more about the bite of apprentice event.