Environmental Job Training
Do you want to earn high wages while helping your community?
Consider a career in Environmental Remediation and Hazardous Material Handling.
Both of these industry sectors are important parts of the emerging green economy. Whether polluted through years of industrial activity or by inadvertent releases of contaminants, land areas and bodies of water must be re-mediated to restore them to their natural state or make them suitable for redevelopment. Projects range from large Superfund sites, like the Asarco Site along Ruston Way in Tacoma, to small highway oil spill accidents.
This 7 week course will prepare you for entry level employment in these exciting and rewarding fields. Combining both classwork and hands on lab instruction you will earn certifications required to work in these industries. Assistance in employment readiness, resume writing, interviewing techniques and support services are also provided.
• Age 18 or older
• Tacoma/Pierce County Resident
• HS diploma or GED
• Pass required Drug Screening Test (Urinalysis)
• Perform at acceptable level on basic math/reading assessment (CASAS test)
• No felonies more recent than 7 years
• Valid Driver’s license (prefer WA State)
• Reliable transportation
COURSE CONTENT & CERTIFICATIONS
• OSHA 10 Construction Safety
• Underground Storage Tanks
• 40 Hour HAZWOPER
• Confined Space Entry
• Forklift Operator
• Asbestos Training
A MANDATORY ORIENTATION IS REQUIRED (2 hr.)
(sign up for one)
- Click HERE to sign up for the March 13 / 1 p.m. orientation
- Click HERE to sign up for the April 4 / 1 p.m. orientation
Goodwill’s Milgard Work Opportunity Center | Room 338
714 S. 27th Street, Tacoma
CLASSES ARE FREE! Federally Funded by an Environmental Protection Agency Environmental Workforce Development & Job Training Grant
PREFERRED ENTRY FOR VETERANS
This program is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
and training services, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to persons of disability.