Norpac On-the-Job Training Program
In partnership to create access to in-demand employment opportunities in the manufacturing industry, build local leaders, and enhance youth employ-ability through real-world work experience, the North Pacific Paper Company (NORPAC) and Goodwill proudly offer the NORPAC On-The-Job Training Program. NORPAC is one of the nation’s leaders in quality paper manufacturing with an international customer network, extending to Japan and beyond.
Known for high standards in safety, state-of-the-art technology, and great employee retention and satisfaction, participants of the NOPRAC On-The-Job Training Program will receive a unique, quality experience that is hard to find.
- Training is offered through Goodwill’s Youth Program, serving area youth aged 18 – 24 years old who show the drive and desire to gain the skills needed to succeed in the growing industrial sector, no GED required.
- Program participants are cross-trained in various roles within NORPAC’s mill, packaging, shipping and warehouse departments full-time for 6 months at a rate of $13.50 an hour.
- Every-other week Program participants take Goodwill’s Life and Work-Readiness Training, including GED obtainment assistance, driver’s license study and Financial Literacy (depending on participant’s goals).
- Goodwill’s case managers ensure the success of each participant’s career goals.
- Participants will receive certifications in OSHA 10, Forklift and CPR/First Aide as well as a 30, 60, 90 and end of Program Performance Evaluation.
- During the final two months of the Program, Goodwill will be working one-on-one with each participant to ensure one of the following program outcome goals:
- Placement into competitive, local manufacturing employment
- Admission into secondary education
- Enrollment into local apprenticeship
- Potential direct employment with NORPAC
PLEASE NOTE: This program is only available in Longview, WA
CONTACT: Victoria Skinner to learn more at 360.501.8359 or email.