Senior Vice President of Retail Position
Goodwill of the Olympics & Rainier Region has an outstanding opportunity to lead our Retail Division and to drive the business performance that fuels our job training and placement mission services. If you are looking for a significant professional challenge as well as personal satisfaction, we invite you to consider joining our team. Our headquarters are located in Tacoma, Washington with retail operations across 15 counties in Washington State.
Goodwill is the world’s largest retailer of resalable goods. The Senior Vice President of Retail for Goodwill of the Olympics & Rainier Region is responsible for strategic leadership and financial performance of our Goodwill’s retail operations, which includes 37 retail locations and 2 regional distributions centers and employs approximately 1,300 people. This position entails vision development, strategic planning and forecasting, brand management, oversight of plan execution, and leading, coaching and advancing the professional development of the organization’s retail leadership team.
- Development of vision and strategy for long-term financial success of Goodwill retail business, which currently includes management of 37 stores, ecommerce, donated goods production and services, warehousing, transportation, real estate, and salvage and recycle operations.
- Ongoing strategic planning, management and positive financial performance of all retail operations as listed above.
- Successful recruitment, hiring and training of retail management staff to ensure ongoing sound performance, professional development and succession planning across the retail business.
- Partnership with other Executive Team members and department personnel to align the retail business with the organization’s overall goals, strategies and culture.
- Passion for Goodwill’s societal mission and services.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- BS/BA in business management is required; MBA is preferred.
- Proven track record of success in multi-site retail management (10+ years), with a preference for thrift retail experience.
- Demonstrated cultural competence (awareness, attitude, knowledge, willingness and skills to work effectively with a culturally and demographically diverse population).
- Proven track record of retail sales, productivity, and expense goal-setting, forecasting, analysis, and management that consistently delivers strategic and financial goals.
- Expert knowledge and experience in operational management of inventory production and transportation systems and processes.
- Expert knowledge of principles and processes involved in business and organizational planning, coordination and execution.
- Exceptional analytical, judgment, and decision-making skills; excellent financial management skills, oral and written communication skills and system analysis and evaluation skills.
- Driven, fact-based, results-oriented and collaborative with a proven track record for leading, aligning, and managing teams against high-performance objectives.
- Demonstrated success in driving process improvements and change across multiple disciplines.
- Able to travel by driving and/or airplane, occasional overnight trips as required by business needs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- To perform this job successfully an individual should have intermediate or advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software.