Free Tax Assistance & Filing
Get help filing your taxes
– Need to file 2017 Federal Income Taxes?
– Missed out on tax credit refunds last year?
Goodwill partners with the IRS, the Pierce County Asset Building Coalition (pcabc) and Key Bank to offer Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) to low and moderate income individuals and families. Services are provided by an IRS-certified volunteer.
Goodwill’s free tax service is open to individuals or households making less than $54,000/year.
Goodwill’s Tax Center Opens January 23, 2018
- Open Jan 23 – Apr 17, 2018
By appointment – Call Norman Brickhouse 253-573-6832
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
3:30 – 7pm
Located at Goodwill’s Milgard Work Opportunity Center
714 S 27th St, Tacoma
- Super Refund Saturday
Feb 3 – 9am-3pm, Goodwill’s Milgard Work Opportunity Center
We’re hosting a special event to kick-off the tax season with Key Bank
What to bring to your appointment:
- W-2 forms
- Social Security card for yourself, your spouse, each child and/or dependents*
- 1099 forms (interest, earnings as an independent contractor)
- Unemployment form
- Proof of childcare payments
- State-issued photo ID
- Other IRS forms as appropirate
- Last year’s tax return (if available)
- Bank account and routing number for direct deposit (if applicable).
- For more information visit www.irs.gov.
*State issued photo ID and social security cards for everyone on your tax return will be required and verified at appointment.
You may qualify for Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) if your 2017 income was:
- $48,340 ($53,930 married filing jointly) with three + qualifying children
- $45,007 ($50,597 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children
- $39,617 ($45,207 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child
- 15,010 ($20,600 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children
“Thanks to community outreach, more low and moderate income households are getting the word about free tax help,” said Mike Fait, vice president and Community Reinvestment Act manager for KeyBank in Washington. “But many – an estimated one out of five who do their own taxes – end up missing entitlements.”
FREE TAX ASSISTANCE and filing are also available through 75 VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) sites throughout Western Washington. Visit http://irs.treasury.gov/freetaxprep/ and enter your zip code to locate help nearby.