Free Tax Assistance & Filing

Get help filing your taxes

Goodwill tax filing program

– Need to file 2019 Federal Income Taxes?
– Missed out on tax credit refunds last year?

Goodwill partners with the IRS, the Pierce County Asset Building Coalition (pcabc) and Key Bank to offer Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) to low and moderate income individuals and families.  Services are provided by an IRS-certified volunteer.

Goodwill’s free tax service is open to individuals or households making less than $54,000/year.

Goodwill’s Tax Center Opens January 2020

  • Open Jan  – Apr 15, 2020
    By appointment – Call Norman Brickhouse 253-573-6832

    Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
    3:30 – 7pm
  • Located at Goodwill’s Milgard Work Opportunity Center
    714 S 27th St, Tacoma

What to bring to your appointment:

  • W-2 forms
  • Social Security card for yourself, your spouse, each child and/or dependents*
  • 1099 forms (interest, earnings as an independent contractor)
  • Unemployment form
  • Proof of childcare payments
  • State-issued photo ID
  • Other IRS forms as appropirate
  • Last year’s tax return (if available)
  • Bank account and routing number for direct deposit (if applicable).
  • For more information visit

*State issued photo ID and social security cards for everyone on your tax return will be required and verified at appointment.

You may qualify for Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) if your 2018 income was:
  • $48,340 ($53,930 married filing jointly) with three + qualifying children
  • $45,007 ($50,597 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children
  • $39,617 ($45,207 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child
  • 15,010 ($20,600 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children

“Thanks to community outreach, more low and moderate income households are getting the word about free tax help,” said Mike Fait, vice president and Community Reinvestment Act manager for KeyBank in Washington.  “But many – an estimated one out of five who do their own taxes – end up missing entitlements.”

FREE TAX ASSISTANCE and filing are also available through 75 VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) sites throughout Western Washington.   Visit  and enter your zip code to locate help nearby.